A car accident can be a devastating and frightening experience, especially if you have suffered injuries. Fortunately, the experienced auto accident lawyers at Boatwright Legal are ready to help car accident victims fight insurance companies to recover the compensation they deserve.
If you or a loved one is a victim of a car crash, don’t wait to contact our law firm for a no-obligation of your case. Our experienced team of auto accident lawyers will fight to ensure that you get the maximum compensation that you deserve for the injuries and losses you have suffered.
The great thing about Boatwright Legal is that our auto accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means that they don’t get paid unless they successfully recover compensation for you. Call us today at 864-745-9758 to discuss the details of your case.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
In the immediate aftermath of a car accident, you will likely be disoriented, injured, or unsure as to what steps you should take. Your safety and that of other victims of the accident is of utmost importance. The following is a list of the things you should do after a car accident:
- Call 911: If you or anyone else has been injured, you shouldn’t attempt to move them, but rather call 911 and wait for emergency medical personnel to arrive.
- Seek Medical Treatment: Go to the hospital and have your injuries examined and documented by a professional. You will need these records to pursue compensation.
- Take Photos and Video: If you can, use your smartphone to take photos and/or video footage of the accident and scene.
- Get Witness Details: If there were any witnesses present, get their names and contact details. They can help corroborate your version of events when pursuing compensation.
- Don’t Admit Fault: You must never admit fault or apologize for the accident since this may limit your recovery.
- Contact a Lawyer: You should contact an experienced car accident lawyer such as those at Boatwright Legal to discuss the details of your case. The earlier you hire a lawyer, the sooner you can receive the compensation you deserve.
How Much Can Someone Sue for a Car Accident?
Car accidents can lead to a wide range of losses. As such, the monetary compensation you can recover by suing the at-fault party will depend on the damages sustained, along with their severity and impact.
You may be eligible to recover compensation for the following damages after a car accident:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Pain and suffering
- Impairment or disability
- Other damages such as property losses or repairs
Some car accident victims may be eligible to claim some of the damages while others may be eligible to receive coverage for all of them. If you provide evidence for damages, you can recover compensation that corresponds with those damages.
A knowledgeable and experienced car accident lawyer can help you get a better idea of how much you can sue for damages following a car accident. Get in touch with one today by calling Boatwright Legal at 864-745-9758.
What Can I Do If Insurance Denied My Claim?
If your car insurance claim is denied, you should first understand the reason for denial before you take any next steps. The denial may be something that you can appeal, but surprise denials may occur due to stipulations in your policy that you didn’t even know about.
If you think that your auto insurance claim was unfairly denied, you can submit an appeal. Your insurance company likely has a process in place for doing exactly that. You can get in touch with your insurer directly to request information about appealing.
Steps that you can take to appeal a denied car insurance claim include:
- Submit a letter requesting an appeal. Appeals usually involve a letter stating your reason for requesting the appeal. The letter should be accompanied by supporting evidence.
- Document the evidence: Keep all the documents relating to the accidents such as medical reports, police report, accident scene photos, etc. filed safely to provide supporting evidence.
- Hire a lawyer: You should also consider hiring an experienced car accident lawyer such as those at Boatwright Legal to help with your appeal since this could get you better results.
Injured in a Car Accident? Our Auto Accident Attorneys Can Advocate for You!
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, you might be able to recover compensation from the at-fault party. Our legal team at Boatwright Legal can help you fight to recover the compensation you deserve within the applicable deadlines.
If you want to learn more about what our auto accident attorneys do and how our guidance can help you recover the compensation you deserve following an accident, call Boatwright Legal at 864-745-9758 today. We can protect your rights and fight for your financial recovery.